Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Learning and reading.............

See Dick,See Sally. See Dick and Sally.Oh,oh,poor Sally!From the adventures of the See and Say method of Educatiion I was Taught.Plus the fact that studying for School was a no,no..I enjoy reading books of war or medicine.I have always fancinated about the healing arts.Or maybe just young women in tight white uniforms..."Brooks you know what I mean".....This may get us both in trouble.....Of all the things to teach reading was the most challening.I would use the textbook,pocket readers-Diary of Ann Frank.I would read giving the work a voice the student would also give the words a voice .The students were always in a buzz as to what was going to take place--some parents complained that the subject was to advanced for students at elem. level- such as loss.I had one small quiet kid who loved Steven King ;I got him volumes fom the book sale in Jeff.We would read comic,funnies ,cereal boxes.the newspaper,car repair books.I had a small student that read a transmission repair manule for three months..Did he learn?He did have fun with books.........................................d

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home